Areas Of Practice
Intellectual Property Law
Unfair Competition Law
Phone: (310) 231-6898
Fax: (310) 231-6899
2124 Coldwater Canyon dr.
Beverly Hills CA, 90210
Lawrence Cohen Biographical
“We Fight For Intellectual Property”
He has been in the private practice of Intellectual Property Law since 1989. Before that, he was an in-house attorney for several of the country’s most prestigious high technology corporations.
Obtaining patents is only one aspect of Mr. Cohen’s expertise, he is fully experienced in helping his clients make assessments of the potential value of the inventions in their business field so that well considered investment decisions can be made in a patent program.
In the field of Trademarks, Mr. Cohen represents clients in registration proceedings in the US and worldwide. He is noted for obtaining challenging results, such as pioneering the registration of “scent” trademarks.
In all the fields of Intellectual Property, clients depend on Mr. Cohen to give them legally sound and economically practical advice which draws upon his decades of experience.
On the trademark side, Mr. Cohen has the experience and knowledge to help his clients understand how their trademarks will enhance their business and how to select strong trademarks that will cause the market for the products or services to recognize the client’s business.
Whether the matter is protecting inventions, selecting and protecting trademarks or disputes in such matters, Mr. Cohen’s first and only goal is the best interest of his client; and he does his work at costs that are practical for every client status. As he says “My work is my fun, and I want my clients to feel that I have exactly addressed their needs and given them the best value available and the best results possible”. Mr. Cohen’s loyalty and decades of experience is singularly addressed to his clients’ interests.
Experience is valuable, but Mr. Cohen is also a scholar of the evolving law in his field; he studies the court decisions, the work of commentators and he consults with colleagues. Many are aware that a new patent law has recently been adopted. Mr. Cohen is one of the few patent attorneys who can advise clients and work under the new law. Like many new laws, there are a lot of unanswered questions. Mr. Cohen takes care to adjust his work and his advice to allow for the likely determinations by the courts and by the United States Patent And Trademark Office so that results will be valid regardless of the path taken.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Massachusetts (inactive)
- Illinois (inactive)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Magnavox Advanced Products and Systems Co (Satellite Navigation Systems Div), Torrance, CA General Counsel
- TRW Inc, Redondo Beach, CA Patent and Licensing Counsel
- W. R. Grace Chemical Corp., Cambridge, MA Patent Counsel
- Captain U.S. Army Intelligence Corps
- US Army Combat Developments Command, Intelligence Agency, Ft. Holabird, MD.
- Research and development of future unmanned aerial surveillance systems and other intelligence gathering technologies.
Commissions And Training
- U.S. Army Intelligence School, Ft. Holabird, MD – Commissioned US Army Intelligence Corps
- U.S. Army Intelligence School, Ft. Holabird, MD – Aerial Surveillance Officer Course
- U.S. Army Combat Surveillance School, Ft. Huachua, AZ – Senior Officer Orientation
- U.S. Army and Joint Air-Ground Operations, Nellis AFB NV – Air Ground School
- U.S. Army Infantry School, Ft. Benning, GA – Commissioned US Army Infantry Corps
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers School – Ft. Belvoir, VA – Commissioned US Army Corps of Engineers